Notices
Infiniti Q50 Formerly the G Sedan, the Q50 is the latest luxury sedan from Inifiniti
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Thread from IE

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 04:25 PM
IB Staff
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Country of Residence: CA
Default Thread from IE

"TELL ME SOMEBODY GOT THAT!?!?"

I have just executed what has got to be the most heroic drift out of a cresting right-hander at Bahrain International Circuit in Lamborghini's latest supercar. The name is Huracan Evo, and its 630-horsepower 5.2-liter V-10 and bright orange paint job scream almost as loud as I do.

VIEW 130 PHOTOS
"OH C'MON, NOBODY SAW THAT??"

I scan the track walls for the lenses of Lamborghini's hired shooters and the sky above for a drone I saw earlier. Nope. Guess I'll have to find another way to "do it for the 'gram." Such a pity, too, because Lamborghini has baked a ton of new features into the Evo, expressly for the social media generation.

Evo is essentially the midcycle reset for the entire Huracan model line. The three letters means evoluzione and reflect the evolution of the new base model. Gone is the Huracan LP610-4 coupe (and that naming convention); every future Huracan variant will be based on the Evo. And what a place to begin, as Evo upgrades the base coupe with the Performante's 630-horsepower V-10 and next-generation electromechanicals culled from across Lamborghini, including torque vectoring, rear-wheel steering, and something called inertial platform. Everything else is about the same. The Evo's chassis components, stiffness, and even overall weight are the same as the coupe, Lamborghini chief technical officer Maurizio Reggiani claims. From a hardware perspective, the Evo's V-10 has 99 percent parts commonality with the Performante's, but Reggiani says the software has many key differences; notably, the Evo redlines 500 rpm lower at "only" 8,000 rpm.

The design is evolutionary, as well; 20-inch Y-spoked wheels wrapped in Pirelli P Zero rubber are the most obvious tip-off from afar. Only the nose and tail of the stealth-fighter-influenced Huracan have been Evo-tweaked with a front chin spoiler and a small integrated wing in the rear decklid. Repositioning the exhaust pipes to the middle of the rear fascia, with their twin cannonlike tips protruding around the license plate, doesn't just look a lot more racy (and indeed were inspired by MotoGP bikes and Lamborghini's GT3 race car). It also provides real estate for a taller, more substantial rear diffuser. There is no large rear wing or ALA active aerodynamics system, but Reggiani claims a sixfold improvement in aero

Old 03-20-2019, 04:28 PM
IB Staff
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Country of Residence: CA
Default Re: Thread from IE

Originally Posted by IB Brenda
"TELL ME SOMEBODY GOT THAT!?!?"

I have just executed what has got to be the most heroic drift out of a cresting right-hander at Bahrain International Circuit in Lamborghini's latest supercar. The name is Huracan Evo, and its 630-horsepower 5.2-liter V-10 and bright orange paint job scream almost as loud as I do.

VIEW 130 PHOTOS
"OH C'MON, NOBODY SAW THAT??"

I scan the track walls for the lenses of Lamborghini's hired shooters and the sky above for a drone I saw earlier. Nope. Guess I'll have to find another way to "do it for the 'gram." Such a pity, too, because Lamborghini has baked a ton of new features into the Evo, expressly for the social media generation.

Evo is essentially the midcycle reset for the entire Huracan model line. The three letters means evoluzione and reflect the evolution of the new base model. Gone is the Huracan LP610-4 coupe (and that naming convention); every future Huracan variant will be based on the Evo. And what a place to begin, as Evo upgrades the base coupe with the Performante's 630-horsepower V-10 and next-generation electromechanicals culled from across Lamborghini, including torque vectoring, rear-wheel steering, and something called inertial platform. Everything else is about the same. The Evo's chassis components, stiffness, and even overall weight are the same as the coupe, Lamborghini chief technical officer Maurizio Reggiani claims. From a hardware perspective, the Evo's V-10 has 99 percent parts commonality with the Performante's, but Reggiani says the software has many key differences; notably, the Evo redlines 500 rpm lower at "only" 8,000 rpm.

The design is evolutionary, as well; 20-inch Y-spoked wheels wrapped in Pirelli P Zero rubber are the most obvious tip-off from afar. Only the nose and tail of the stealth-fighter-influenced Huracan have been Evo-tweaked with a front chin spoiler and a small integrated wing in the rear decklid. Repositioning the exhaust pipes to the middle of the rear fascia, with their twin cannonlike tips protruding around the license plate, doesn't just look a lot more racy (and indeed were inspired by MotoGP bikes and Lamborghini's GT3 race car). It also provides real estate for a taller, more substantial rear diffuser. There is no large rear wing or ALA active aerodynamics system, but Reggiani claims a sixfold improvement in aero

But the president isn't giving up on his push for border wall. Trump renewed calls for a border barrier and threatened another government shutdown or emergency declaration if he doesn't get a "fair deal."
"Walls should not be controversial," Trump said. "Our country has built 654 miles of barrier over the last 15 years, and every career border patrol agent I've spoken to has told me, 'walls work.'"

In another development Friday, the Associated Press reported Trump would not deliver his State of the Union on Tuesday.

Following Trump's announcement, lawmakers on Capitol Hill expressed optimism that the deal would clear Congress and be signed into law by the president Friday.