Test test1 sponsor

Testing 1

Old 03-13-2019, 04:19 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Country of Residence: MX
Default Testing 1

Testing 12345
Hi
The Details on Win7 64 bit new install method & new JTIS21 X-Type archive are listed here in this thread.

Now here are the details:

There is now a new install PDF file “Installing DA350.dll in Win7 64 bit ver 1.1” PDF file.

This file has step by step instructions and screenshots.

There are really only 4 steps in getting the software installed using this method:
Run Microsoft Help software file - 32 bit for 64 bit OS - Windows6.1-KB91760 - - this prepares the PC to handle 32 bit help files (using "run as administrator" option)

Put the DAO350.dll file into the correct folder, then register the DAO350.dll (using “run as administrator” option)

Run XP-Fix file – that is included in the Special Edited version archives or can be downloaded separately (using “run as administrator” option)

Run the setup.exe file in the JTIS21 folder to install the JTIS21 software (using “run as administrator” option)

That’s it – all done

Now here is the why and where information:

I started a new thread “JTIS21 Win7 64 install method & new archives” in the general tech section post #1:

JTIS21 win7 64 install method & new archives

I am repeating the same information here in this thread (and also in the other appropriate Jaguar model sections).

Well – Here is the initial information:

We finally have a way to install the JTIS21 Jaguar Shop manual on all the Win7 64 bit computers without having to install vitual machines or xp mode.

This is how it was accomplished:

By Plums furnishing the right technical information and advice on how to get it working properly

By yours truly finding the required files and putting them in proper locations (later doing the 1st successful install on my Win7 64 bit pro laptop) then writing the instructions and inserting the screen shots that are now in the install PDF file, also successfull install on Win7 64 bit Home premium desktop

By Translator furnishing other technical advice on improving the instructions and doing the 2nd & 3rd successful installs on other win7 64 bit computers

Translator has added all these files to the general tech help – Large Files download area.

Find the entry line in the Translator posting “JTIS21 CD download with instructions” within the thread (has this weblink embedded

Free File Sharing Made Simple - MediaFire

Here the screen shot of the folders and files for the JTIS21 on the large files download area in the mediafire.com:

year 2004 selected) Normal screen with a picture of the Car and the graphical choices (General Information, Powertrain, etc)

Here is the Screen after using view menu and the Text Navigator option. It shows listing index with the Chassis and its sub categories listed.

The top menu bar – DTC Summaries, Maintenace Schedules – all work properly and it will let you view all the Jaguar model series and model years that are in the normal full JTIS21. The Electrical Diagrams for the other model series have been removed to reduce the size of the download archives and save the disk space on your PC.

Here is what happens if you try to use Service selection for anything other than X-Type (in this case XJ Range)

I am sure there will questions and I will be the point person for all the support issues

Sorry - this post is so lengthy

Jim Lombardi

The following users liked this post:
IB Bernal (11-25-2020)

Top Answer

03-20-2019, 02:22 PM
IB Brenda
IB Staff
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Country of Residence: CA
Default Re: Testing 1

testing my signature